SCORKES is Belly Dancing!

Monday, March 13, 2006

Bellydance Superstars



This is a video clip of the Bellydance Superstars with Regis and Kelly. Rachel Brice is one of the three dancers featured here. I absolutely adore Rachel and I really, really, really want to do the belly roll like she does. She actually teaches how you do it in the clip and I even got my instructor to show it to me today after class.

So I contracted my upper abs (like I was supposed to) and I contracted my lower abs (like I was supposed to) ... and ....

Nothing moved. Nothing rolled. Absolutely N.O.T.H.I.N.G.

Bah.

And I still can't shimmy right to save my life. Sigh.

I guess that it all boils down to practice, practice, practice and I am also doing more crunches, squats and lunges to strengthen some weak muscles I've indentified in my legs.

I also like the third dancer in the clip, y'know, the one with the finger cymbols. I like the way she manages to merge her hip drops (percussive movements) with her camel (fluid movement) into one continuous move.

By the way, if you or anyone you know who lives in the Klang Valley is interested in belly dancing and would like to learn, my instructor also gives private lessons. To learn about her rates and contact information, please click here.

Little me is happy cause I finally have my first hip scarf to call my very own and it's pink and it tinkles everytime I move. Hehehe!

Posted by scorkes :: 10:01 PM ::


3 Comments:


Post a Comment
<< Home

---------------oOo---------------